What is Religion? It is simply man’s attempt to know God or some transcendent being who has the answers to humankind’s basic questions of: “Who Am I?”, “Why am I here?”, “Do I have significance?”, and “Where am I going?”.
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father (God) except through Me.” This statement alone uniquely qualifies him to claim Deity and no other spiritual leader in history has made claim to this fact. In addition, His life demonstrated and proved the power of love, culminating in His resurrection from the dead.
Culture is considered the total of the social, moral, and spiritual values of any given population group in a geographic confine. Religious beliefs (whether they be transcendent or humanist) should not be ignored as they tend to be the predominant influence in every society.
The Religion Mountain
The war in the unseen world has always been over who will be worshiped. The war is between light and darkness, love and hate, control and freedom, blessings and curses. God’s Word powerfully speaks to this reality in Ephesians 6:12 – “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”
• Pray that all forms of idolatry and deception existing in the religious mountain be dispossessed.
• Pray that followers of Jesus will understand and demonstrate His love, power and authority everywhere they are called to work and live.
• Pray that believers, particularly in the West, will shed their Laodicean spirit of lethargy and become Kingdom activists as Jesus instructed.
• Pray that Jesus be recognized as Prophet, Priest, and King in every sphere of life.
• Pray the Great Commission be understood in terms of both personal salvation and discipling of neighborhoods, cities, and nations.
• Pray that new and powerful forms of worship occurs in Spirit and Truth in church environments to the detriment of all empty religious ritual.
• Pray the gifts of the Holy Spirit be recognized, understood, and welcomed everywhere.
• Pray the Word of God becomes the “plumb line” of belief among all followers of Jesus.
• Pray believers on the Religion Mountain will have a strong presence upon the other six mountains.
• Pray for those who serve as pastors in local churches or parishes to understand the five-fold ministry gifts as described in Ephesians 4 of apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers, and pastors are distributed throughout all of the "mountains" of vocational callings and not simply within formal church structures.