Dear Friends of Gateway Prayer Garden,
EXEMPTIONS TO “SAFER-AT-HOME” ORDERS –
There is always a silver lining to those things that the enemy throws at God’s creation. For followers of Jesus, Covid19 has prompted prayer for thousands, some of them family members, co-workers, and even those unknown to us personally.
Many state Governors have adopted “stay-at-home” executive orders and in Colorado there are fortunately many exemptions to those working in critical infrastructure and healthcare operations, manufacturing, financial institutions, and yes, even houses of worship provided “social distancing” is employed.
But there is one thing that no exemption is needed for: PRAYER WALKING AND PRAYING.
Whether in your back yard, neighborhood, school grounds, athletic field, downtown, or the Prayer Trail at Gateway Prayer Garden, there are no restrictions on this activity! If you haven’t read the story of why we intentionally began with reclaiming the land along Fountain Creek for this purpose, I’d encourage you to follow this link: Walk and Pray
We believe that every believer should have a place where they regularly walk and pray. Most churches have spare land area, even if it’s a parking lot, where parishioners can walk and pray whether individually or in groups (practicing “social distancing” if needed).
“I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.” 2 Corinthians 6:16
KEYS FOR PRAYER WALKING –
Here is even more helpful content from the “Bible Resource Study Center” we recommend for walking and praying: Bible Resource Center
“Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as He was walking in the garden in the cool of the day.” Genesis 3:8
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT GPG –
If you’ve been down to the Prayer Garden recently, you may have noticed a large number of blocks on the ground near the Cross. These will be set in place to begin forming the perimeter of the walkway where Scripture tiles will be placed. When we obtain the go ahead from the city of Fountain that FEMA approvals have finalized, we can move forward with these blocks.
MAJOR PRAYER ANSWERED AND ONE MORE REQUESTED –
You may remember in our last communication we were asking the Lord to bring forth our “Bezalel” to help design and visualize the structures that will be in the Garden based on God’s instructions. Bezalel was the person in Exodus 31 God chose to design and build the Tabernacle. This is critical for two reasons: 1) Once approved, we can hook up our utilities to the Security/Construction building that has remained vacant for over a year. 2) We wanted someone who was dependent on the Holy Spirit to accomplish this ministry.
One of our readers saw this request and gave us the name of an architectural/engineering firm that understands its calling as ministry and we are engaging with them!
NOW our next major prayer request is locating a road grader for a day for leveling our ground so we can place our stone blocks. Prayer with us for this and any suggestions would be appreciated.
DON’T FORGET TO CIRCLE YOUR CALENDAR Sunday, May 31st is a day for us to gather once again on the land and celebrate the continuous leading and unfolding progress by the Holy Spirit of GPG.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS –
We are planning another Fountain Creek cleanup time in the near future that will allow us to extend our Prayer Trails further south along Fountain Creek. Details to follow soon!
With much appreciation,
Mark R. Spengler, Director
Dear Friends of Gateway Prayer Garden,
As we enter this Christmas season amidst all the political and social clamor in America and chaos abroad, there is no better time to contemplate the Prince of Peace, Jesus. He is the One who not only brought joy to the world over two millennia ago; but continues to do so today in the lives of millions of His sons and daughters.
As we look ahead to 2020 and even the next decade, several things stand out for the Kingdom of God –
- In the Hebrew calendar, the year 5780 is to be a continuing year of deliverance, rescue, and restoration. The Hebrew letter for 80 is peh and it also means “mouth”. May our mouths declare a message of Rescue and Restoration among the increasing cries for freedom around the world from Great Britain and France to Hong Kong.
- According to the Hebrew calendar years of 5780-5789, the next decade will provide our mouths with words declaring the intentions of heaven. Jeremiah 23:29 says, “Does not my word burn like fire?” says the Lord. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces? May this next season of be known for us boldly declaring with our mouths that which we have seen and heard from heaven itself and know to be the will of God. These declarations can be over ourselves, our families, our churches, our nations, and our neighbors.
Words can literally have power for life or death. This is why we pray and why the Gateway Prayer Garden will be so significant for His Kingdom purposes.
Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction. The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. (Proverbs 18:20-21 NLT).
Just look at the impact of a young girl from Sweden named Greta Thunberg. While you may not agree with her personal beliefs and climate agenda, she has been provided a platform to espouse her message on a global scale. Her impassioned words are impacting millions of young people.
The Gateway Prayer Garden is an essential Kingdom ingredient being added to El Paso County and beyond!
Not only is the Prayer Garden and Trail a place to discover God as a Person, but it’s also a place to seek Him for personal direction and how your “voice and words” can impact the world God has called you to serve Him in.
Please join us as we proclaim His words and promises over the Prayer Garden for 2020 for the following –
- Final breakthroughs from the office of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) which has held up our approvals with the City of Fountain.
- The outcome of the Fountain Planning Commission on January 15th will result in a positive recommendation made to the City Council for rezoning.
- The architect of God’s choosing who will help us design the next phase of our Development Plan for submission to the city of Fountain.
- Holy Spirit will speak to increasing numbers of Jesus followers to partner with our efforts as we begin to build the Gateway Prayer Garden.
Thank you for your continued support. If you haven’t had a visit to the Fountain Creek Prayer Trail yet, it is time to do so. Just bundle up warmly!
Thank you for your prayers and Merry Christmas!
Mark R. Spengler, Director