Gateway Prayer Garden News
Dear Friends of the Cross,
We now have our final DRAFT artist rendering and it is stunning. We continue to be in awe of what God has entrusted with us beginning with the Prayer Garden template from Kerrville, Texas and adding additional components that reflect His desires. Gateway Prayer Garden will be one of salvation, healing, deliverance, and empowerment but also to assist those who follow Jesus to understand their assignments in the Kingdom.
At present, the plans are to have a “Spring Launch” on the Biblical Feast Day of Shavuot (Wednesday, May 31st) and Sunday, June 4th , when Christians celebrate Pentecost. Shavuot (Hebrew), Feast of Weeks, or Pentecost (Greek) commemorates the revelation of the Torah on Mt. Sinai to the Jewish people. It is one of the three pilgrimage holidays. Pentecost of course is the Hebrew celebration of the Law on Mount Sinai and coming of the Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus before He ascended to heaven after the resurrection.
Requests for prayer from last month have been answered!
1) The scope and reach of the Prayer Garden vision is expanding as we continue to share in small groups and one-on-one with key individuals of influence in the Pikes Peak region.
2) The GPG leadership was able to connect with the contractor who was intimately acquainted with the 24 acre site as he had done all site prep over the past years involving the movement and placement of thousands of tons of rock and soil.
3) Completion of an “Artist’s Rendering” that portrays an initial visual representation of what the Gateway Prayer Garden will look like when finished. [See below].
4) The vision of the GPG is being communicated and embraced across an ever increasing and broadening spectrum of the Body of Christ in the Pikes Peak region.
Prayer Specifics for March 2017:
1) Favor with City Officials and people of influence in the city of Fountain as we move forward to wisely share our vision.
2) Owners of heavy and light equipment for limited earthwork activity to be identified and become a part of the team for Spring Launch. 3) A website designer so we can provide written and visual access to the project’s progress.
4) The completion of an “artist’s rendering” that portrays an initial visual representation of what the Gateway Prayer Garden will look like when finished.
5) Team Leaders and participants to be identified and confirmed in the following categories:
- Military Ministry Liaison
- Land Preparation and Cleanup
- Chaplaincy Program
- Advisory Board
- Graphic Art and Design assistance
- Website Designer
- Initial/Preliminary Site Work with electrical hookups, lighting etc.
6) A Fundraising Group to spearhead donor acquisition. Please make copies of this letter and feel free to send to others you sense will have a burden for a place to cry out to God in the Pikes Peak region.
The Gateway Prayer Garden Team
Mark Spengler, Project Facilitator