Dear Friends of Gateway Prayer Garden,
As we enter this Christmas season amidst all the political and social clamor in America and chaos abroad, there is no better time to contemplate the Prince of Peace, Jesus. He is the One who not only brought joy to the world over two millennia ago; but continues to do so today in the lives of millions of His sons and daughters.
As we look ahead to 2020 and even the next decade, several things stand out for the Kingdom of God –
- In the Hebrew calendar, the year 5780 is to be a continuing year of deliverance, rescue, and restoration. The Hebrew letter for 80 is peh and it also means “mouth”. May our mouths declare a message of Rescue and Restoration among the increasing cries for freedom around the world from Great Britain and France to Hong Kong.
- According to the Hebrew calendar years of 5780-5789, the next decade will provide our mouths with words declaring the intentions of heaven. Jeremiah 23:29 says, “Does not my word burn like fire?” says the Lord. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces? May this next season of be known for us boldly declaring with our mouths that which we have seen and heard from heaven itself and know to be the will of God. These declarations can be over ourselves, our families, our churches, our nations, and our neighbors.
Words can literally have power for life or death. This is why we pray and why the Gateway Prayer Garden will be so significant for His Kingdom purposes.
Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction. The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. (Proverbs 18:20-21 NLT).
Just look at the impact of a young girl from Sweden named Greta Thunberg. While you may not agree with her personal beliefs and climate agenda, she has been provided a platform to espouse her message on a global scale. Her impassioned words are impacting millions of young people.
The Gateway Prayer Garden is an essential Kingdom ingredient being added to El Paso County and beyond!
Not only is the Prayer Garden and Trail a place to discover God as a Person, but it’s also a place to seek Him for personal direction and how your “voice and words” can impact the world God has called you to serve Him in.
Please join us as we proclaim His words and promises over the Prayer Garden for 2020 for the following –
- Final breakthroughs from the office of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) which has held up our approvals with the City of Fountain.
- The outcome of the Fountain Planning Commission on January 15th will result in a positive recommendation made to the City Council for rezoning.
- The architect of God’s choosing who will help us design the next phase of our Development Plan for submission to the city of Fountain.
- Holy Spirit will speak to increasing numbers of Jesus followers to partner with our efforts as we begin to build the Gateway Prayer Garden.
Thank you for your continued support. If you haven’t had a visit to the Fountain Creek Prayer Trail yet, it is time to do so. Just bundle up warmly!
Thank you for your prayers and Merry Christmas!
Mark R. Spengler, Director